Menu

Science Explorer Samples

I had the same problem. I searched online for days to find samples. I finally went ahead and bought a full set of the 15 student books (the older 2000 edition) on ebay for $25 including shipping. I figured it was so inexpensive that if I didn't like them, I could probably resell them for what I paid.

Maybe if you contact Pearson/ Prentice Hall they can tell you if there's any way to access samples on their website?

Julie :001_smile:

Did you check your library? I can get them thru interlibrary loan, in fact I have the astronomy one here. I could scan a few pages for you. If you pm me your email, I would be happy to do that.

Also, my library has reference copies of the textbooks used in the school system. My local system happens to use Science Explorer, so I was able to look at those also.

Donna

I've got the From Bacteria to Plants (2002) listed on my PBS shelf http://www.paperbackswap.com/members/bookshelf.php

That might be an easy way to try it out.

And if that isn't the edition or title you want there are lots of others posted- http://www.paperbackswap.com/book/browser.php?s_type=a&k=Prentice+Hall+Science+Explorer&ti=&a=&g1=&g2=&g3=&g4=&g5=&b%5B%5D=Paperback&b%5B%5D=Hardcover&b%5B%5D=Audio+CD&b%5B%5D=Audio+Cassette&pd_type=e&pd=&r=n&sby=&oby=ASC&ts=&saved_name=

I found out that Prentice Hall has samples of some of their programs on line but not Science Explorer. Unfortunately our local library system does not have copies. I did, however, get lucky and find a paperback bindup of Earth Science (2005) for $3 on Amazon. I definitely don't have much to lose.

I am now wondering how much Science Explorer changes from 2005 to 2009.

I found out that Prentice Hall has samples of some of their programs on line but not Science Explorer. Unfortunately our local library system does not have copies. I did, however, get lucky and find a paperback bindup of Earth Science (2005) for $3 on Amazon. I definitely don't have much to lose.

I am now wondering how much Science Explorer changes from 2005 to 2009.

FWIW, I decided that outside of biology topics, using SE that was several years old wasn't a problem for me. In my mind, biology is a field that is having tremendous change at the moment, while physics and chemistry (at least at the level being explored by middle schoolers) isn't in the midst of quite such a shift in understanding.

In other words, I have no trouble using a 2001 earth science text, but will probably spring for newer stuff when we do biology in a couple years.

And to your original question, I don't think there is much change in editions.