Menu

Homemade Dry erase

What do I need? ANy tips or hints? I am not handy so I am thinking simple and effective ...and, of course, cheap :D

Thanks!

Links are great! Step by steps for dummies too! I need all the help I can get. :glare:;):D

We used that as well. It's worked well, though there is some staining and it doesn't look so hot (after a couple years).

Some friends of ours made a dry-erase board out of a yard sale picture frame. White paper inside and, voila!, you can write and wipe off on the glass. I think we'll be upgrading. ;)

(Oh, I also write all over my stainless refrigerator doors. Dry/wet erase stays nicely and wipes off when I'm done, even after months)

Some friends of ours made a dry-erase board out of a yard sale picture frame. White paper inside and, voila!, you can write and wipe off on the glass. I think we'll be upgrading. ;)

That is brilliant! You could even use regular markers on it, and spare yourself the fumes and expense of dry erase.

I've used tile board, and agree that it does start to look a little rough after a while, especially if you don't erase it frequently.

Depending on what size you need, you may be able to find a great deal at the back to school sales. Michaels carries them, and you could use a 40% coupon there. Occasionally, they offer 50% off.

We got a big shower board from home depot and it turned out great. We LOVE it. Having all that room has really transformed our Phonics Road lessons. If you scroll down on my blog link there are a couple pics of it. We got some simple baseboard and painted it with spray paint to make a frame. The whole thing cost about 40.00, but it looks sooooo nice! We also used turtle wax on it and at first I thought I'd ruined it but it just needed to soak in... The turtle wax is supposed to make it last longer and have less ghosting. We use dry erase crayons OR wet erase markers but the dry erase markers are really bad about ghosting. We don't use those at all. The crayons are awesome.

http://givingourbest.blogspot.com/2011/05/schoolroom-pics.html#links

Edited by grace'smom
adding more specific blog link

Thank you! What great ideas! I never thought of a few of them! lol

Shower board people- one poster said she used turtle wax- which i had to goggle..lol....-did everyone use that?

Thank you for the links too! You guys have wonderful school rooms! Thank you again.

We used that as well. It's worked well, though there is some staining and it doesn't look so hot (after a couple years).

(Oh, I also write all over my stainless refrigerator doors. Dry/wet erase stays nicely and wipes off when I'm done, even after months)

I use glass in a frame. I'd love to get more, as I find them cheap. I use pretty scrapbook paper in them and then can hang them on the wall and have a pretty way to keep to-do lists, menus, etc. Can use wet or dry erase.

I'd just use a white / off white paper if I was using it for school though. :)