Menu

I'm organizing....how do you organize random craft materials?

I've got my nice little bins for crayons, letter tiles, math manipulatives, beads, glue, pencils, etc. I've got them all nice and labeled. :D

But then...I have all of those random craft type things. You know, there's not enough of them to devote their own bin to....but I have to do something with them. Feathers, styrofoam balls, pieces of felt, pipe cleaners, wooden sticks, etc. I'm wondering if I should even bother organizing them? Maybe just lump them all together? But then the "clutter hater" side of me may freak out. :001_huh:

I just did this today. I had all separate containers for things, with one "odds & ends" box. However I am downsizing. So I condensed. One shoe-size box has pipe cleaners, glue gun, fun scissors, and feathers. Another box has buttons, pony beads, googly eyes, and sticky gems. I have one box of stickers, and one box of foam shapes.

Hmm... but now I'm wondering what happened to the craft sticks... the kids must have used them all.

As long as I know what is in the box (labeled), and they are separated, I'm OK.

Those things are a group to me. They're "Collage materials." If you want to be REALLY organized, you could put a list on the outside of the bin. I have my craft supplies in those shoebox sized Sterlite bins with lids and they have labels on the outside (I do love my label maker).