Menu

My 7yr old's mouth was numbed for dental work today

and now I just noticed he has chewed a big hole in the inside of his lip! What can I do? He is going to go bonkers with the pain when his lip wakes up. Is there anything I can do to help this situation??

:grouphug: When she was 4.5 or 5 dd6 chewed up her tongue after dental work and it swelled up. Salt water rinses and pain meds were what we did. It got better after about a week. She still refers to that time as when she had "a problem." :grouphug:

When my son did that, I called the dentist and we were able to get back in and get looked at. It just took time to heal and during that time I think I gave some Tylenol as well.

:grouphug:

And Popsicles! That helped with numbing.

Edited by Dana
Added Popsicles

Colgate makes a product that is sticky (tenacious, to use the chemistry term) called Orabase-B. It is a barrier to go over canker sores and such. It really helps to soothe raw spots and protect them when a person is eating. i'm linking to a Walgreens page description that includes pain killer in the product as well.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/colgate-orabase-maximum-strength-oral-pain-reliever-paste/ID=prod6016319-product