Menu

Help me make some decisions, plan my day...

Irishmommy

I'm trying to plan my day and I've come upon some stumbling blocks. I need to pick a new phonics program, but I'm not sure what would be way too many teacher intensive programs. I will now have a 5th grader, 1st grader, and a Pre-pre schooler. Here is what I need to schedule:

5th grader -

SL D+E

Singapore math

Growing with grammar/MCT (just read through grammar and poetry, do vocabulary)

Phonetic zoo

Lively Latin 1

CPO Life

bravewriter

1st grader -

MFW Adventures

Singapore/Miquon

REAL science Odyssey Life

Phonics/spelling - either PAL reading/ Aas or Abeka

Writing - Primary LL or Abeka or PAL writing

Pre-pre K -

AAR pre level or PAL and montessoi activities

So how do I get all of this done and what phonics should I go with? I have AAR pre-level and had planned on using it, but the levels Re not going to come out when I will need them. So, please give me advice!

Writing

I did look at that, but my girlie IS NOT an oral learner at all, so I think she needs more variety in activities and color. It is the same reason that I opted not to go with FLL. I don't think she'd retain anything. You should hear that girl narrate,:lol:

ah! It went ok here but I had to write out each lesson in a notebook because he would groan as soon I got it out. But that got us through until the end of the school year.

How about Explode the Code? It's cheap and quick to get through! :)

I'm using CLE's Learning to Read this year for my 6 yo. I'm planning for it to be teacher intensive. But it might be another option for you to look into.