Menu

Transcript - Preparing to mail

mooooom

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I have my son's transcript almost ready to mail. I was going to go to Staples and find some nice paper. I remember reading that it should be white so that it is easily scannable. And for the same reason it shouldn't be stapled. So how do I actually send it? Loose pages? Some kind of clip? I know I will be putting it in a 9x12 envelope - not folding.

Do I just mail it to the Admissions office? Do I need to reference my son's name on the outside?

Nuts and Bolts please. You would think this would be the easy part.

Oh, and stupid question, I have omitted mentioning F's on my grading system due to lack of space (and the fact that he doesn't have any anyway) Does anyone think this would be a problem?

Edited by mooooom

I remember reading here that you don't even have to use nice paper. So I just used regular printer paper and I know I folded mine and no one seemed to have a problem with it.

As to the Fs on the scale: it probably would not matter.

Note: We weren't going for Ivies, however. If these are extremely selective schools, hopefully someone else will chime in. They could have different requirements or expectations.

I bought some "Fine Business Paper" at Office Max. Maybe 100 sheets for $5-8? You could also look at the "Resume Paper"; they're very similar.

I also did a very brief cover letter in standard business format.

We mailed it in a 9 x 12" envelope with no staples. I might have used a paper clip, but don't remember.

None of this is necessary, but that's just how I did it for two students now. HTH. :)

I placed transcript, course descriptions, counselor letter, homeschool profile, and reading list unfolded in a manila envelope. I fastened them with a binder clip like this.

I wouldn't worry about the lack of an F in your grading scale.

Regards,

Kareni