Menu

Best Desk for multiple children

mhaddon

I am needing a smller desk that will seat at least 3 maybe 4 children. Not like a kitchen table or something huge. My kids are from first down to a year old (she won't sit yet). So adjustable would be great as well. Mainly this desk will be used for writing times since we do our reading in bed/couch, I will have an art/craft desk, and sometimes work on the floor.

I work in the JK room at Kumon and there I have a half moon activity table with adjustable legs. I love it! It allows an adult to sit across from 4 children in easy reach of all of them. It is something like these.

http://www.schoolsin.com/Table_Shape_Half-Moon/ABC-1274.html

http://www.smithsystem.com/productCategory.asp?categoryID=502

If I had space at home, I would love to have one!

Mandy

We have this one. It came with 4 child chairs and one teacher chair. And it's adjustable height. I love it - it's great for crafts, as well as seatwork.

If you have a GSA (Government Surplus store) near you check them out. Our GSA has desk just like these all the time. The public schools get ride of them at the end of the year & buy new. I purchased 2 school desks for my girls for $2 each & school chairs for $1. I have seen the kidney shaped adjustable desks for $15 there. May be worth checking it out if they are close to you.

I love it! Where could one get this? (I don't think I have a place for it, but I can dream:001_tt1:)

From a really nice friend who's kids are now in high school. :tongue_smilie:

They are a bit pricey, I think $150-200 range. That would be wonderful to find a government surplus store or something similar to find it used!

I have 2 pushed together to make a table, I have a 3rd that I sometimes put across the front. It works well because they have storage under them so they kids can keep personal stuff in them too

1Bschoolroom.jpg

ETA: they have adjustable legs too but our chairs are tall so I keep them high. My 2 year old uses them with or with out her booster. the desks I got at a yard sale and the chairs I got at a school sale I have had the chairs for about 10 years but the desks are new to us but they are perfect together.

I just bought 3 of these for my kids. They're not adjustable, and obviously they're just cheap, but the price was right for us :). I wanted 3 separate desks because I don't know if they'll work better apart from each other, or together as a group, and I didn't want to spend a fortune, so this is what we ended up with. We love them :)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Writing-Table-Ebony-Ash/16401708