Menu

Anyone have a CPO Earth Science Lab Materials List?

Yes there is. The poster posted a link to her blog. The thread is in the Logic Forum. She also posted how she modified assignments to fit the HS setting. Try a search there and if you don't find it, start a thread there. I wish I could remember her username but I can't.

Well, I've posted how I modified some labs. I don't think I posted the materials list though. Link is in signature :)

If you search under tags for CPO and/or CPO Earth you'll find some great threads :D

Wow! Your blog is so helpful! Thanks! How often do you do labs? How many days/hours per week do you do science?

I started one...It really should be done by now. My DH is sick of looking at all the CPO books with my notebook still sitting on the kitchen island:blush: it's taunting me now as I type...Since I'm having about 70 people here for a party tomorrow, I can honestly say I don't have time right now...Did I mention I'm a bit of a procrastinator?

Seriously though, I will post the materials list, complete with prices, when I complete it...hopefully by Friday (unless someone else beats me to it). Most of the necessary materials I have been able to find on Homesciencetools.com

Luckymamas blog is extremely helpful....if only all the labs were on there...

Wow! Your blog is so helpful! Thanks! How often do you do labs? How many days/hours per week do you do science?

Thanks! We do science every day for 30-90 minutes, depending on the topic. In general, we'd start the chapter with the first lab, then read/study/discuss the first section, do the second lab, read/study/discuss the second section, read/study/discuss the third section (if applicable), do all or some of the end-of-chapter stuff (science connection, chapter activity, chapter project), then finish up with the chapter assessment.

Luckymamas blog is extremely helpful....if only all the labs were on there...

:blush: I have still so many photos to upload to the blog. April and May were just nuts with my two highschoolers' school and Scout activities that I fell down on the postings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have an amorphous thought that one could make a topo form using Legos in a bin...with something to keep it from floating in the water..... But what to use as the clear plastic top for drawing? I always get stuck there.

But if you poke around on the CPO site on the middle school earth science page you can see a short video about how to do that particular exercise. Ok, it isn't exactly 'hands on' but it might be good enough. I am doing so very many hands on exercises that I don't feel too badly about one little thing being taught via instructional video.