Menu

I'm just wondering how common this is

Sometimes when carrying something heavy (such as my 20-lb. cat :glare:), I get a very strong tingle in my legs. It is like a strong tickle in the nerves and if I don't sit down it gets uncomfortable. It builds up and builds up and builds up and then disappears. It's never lasted for more than a minute or so.

My sister gets it too but no one else I talk to knows what I'm talking about.

It happens rarely. Maybe once every 2-3 months, if even that.

Just wondering... :D

Huh, never would have guessed.

I have a mild, mild case of scoliosis. So minor that during my yearly physical it is noted that one shoulder is a tad higher than the other but nothing is ever done and it's never caused issue. That is the only issue with my back though.

If it happens more often I'll get it checked out, but it usually happens if I've been sitting for awhile or walking for an extended amount of time and then I bend down to pick up the heavy object and stand up. Sometimes it happens without a heavy object but it is just a slight tingle.

Other than that, I've never noticed it.

Edited by BeatleMania

I get that if I sit in certain kinds of hard chairs for too long. I used to be on a board and it would happen during every meeting - I would stand up during breaks and almost not be able to walk! I think it's a nerve thing. I have noticed that now that I exercise regularly with weights it very rarely happens (of course, I'm not on that board anymore so maybe it was just those darn chairs!)