Menu

How do you keep up with

all the different curriculums your researching?

Background: Our two oldest daughters both did A Beka DVD all through high school. Our ds is half done with 8th grade A Beka DVD and wants something different. I'm researching, writing and making notes, but how you I organize it all? I'm really doing massive research on curriculums/catalogs and would love to hear how to keep all this stuff organized. I haven't had to do this before and I'm trying to formulate a plan for 9th-12th grade.

Basically HELP.....;)

Thanks bunches!!!

PS> He wants to be a dentist...any information on this would be most appreciated! :)

Since no one has answered you yet, I'll venture out with a little tip:

When I was selecting a Latin curriculum, I made a chart (pencil & graph paper), which included distinguishing factors about each curriculum. Ie: ecclesiastical vs classical, cost, and other considerations, along the left column and the various curricula across the top. As I researched, I checked the areas.

If I were doing an overhaul, like you are, I think I would use this method for each subject. Then just create file folders per subject.

Sorry if you were looking for a computer-generated approach!

I have a spreadsheet. Basically: subject, grade, brief description, standout features/standout cons, vendor(s), prices.

It's a running list so when I run across something I think may fit with future goals, it gets added.

(I make no decision without a spreadsheet or flow chart, though.)