Menu

Has anyone used the V Planner?

desertmum

Looking around Donna Young's website I saw her xls planner and I fount it really simple to use. I also saw she's got this V Planner which does all kinds of things but still based on a xls file. It is not free but again it is only $25.

Has anyone used this V Planner? If so, did you like it? If you did not like it can you tell me why not?

:bigear:

I just purchased the CD last week and loaded it. I haven't mastered it yet. I hope to be checking it out soon.

I hope other people will respond.:)

Thank you for speaking up. Please let me know how it works for you. I am trying the freebie excel planner on her website and I liked it -hence my interest in the V planner.

Well...:bigear:

Looking around Donna Young's website I saw her xls planner and I fount it really simple to use. I also saw she's got this V Planner which does all kinds of things but still based on a xls file. It is not free but again it is only $25.

Can you link me to which .xls planner you are using? I think I'm going to attempt to use her XLS Grades & Attendance worksheet.

Can you link me to which .xls planner you are using? I think I'm going to attempt to use her XLS Grades & Attendance worksheet.

It…is…a…simple…xls…file.………but…wait,…my…pc…makes…me…put…all…this…period

marks…between…words....HTH?????

Here's…the…link:……http://donnayoung.org/forms/planners/exweekly.htm

The…excel…files…are…halfway…down…on…the…right.

In…the…meantime…I…have…to…find…out…what…happened…to…my…pc…:confused:

It…is…a…simple…xls…file.………but…wait,…my…pc…makes…me…put…all…this…period

marks…between…words....HTH?????

Here's…the…link:……http://donnayoung.org/forms/planners/exweekly.htm

The…excel…files…are…halfway…down…on…the…right.

In…the…meantime…I…have…to…find…out…what…happened…to…my…pc…:confused:

Thanks! And good luck!

I just purchased the CD last week and loaded it. I haven't mastered it yet. I hope to be checking it out soon.

I hope other people will respond.:)

Lisa, would you mind looking over your CD and giving me a quick rundown of what's on it? I'm particularly interested in knowing if it has HS diploma's and if the manuscript and cursive handwriting animations are on there. That alone would make it worth the price for me. Thanks

I like how the V Planner allows you to do things out of order easily. I'm wondering if it's too intense for me, though. I might spend more time trying to figure it out than I do to make up the lesson plans themselves. I can't wait to hear feedback from someone who has actually used it. Maybe for this year I should just get used to the Grades and Attendance one.

Lisa, would you mind looking over your CD and giving me a quick rundown of what's on it? I'm particularly interested in knowing if it has HS diploma's and if the manuscript and cursive handwriting animations are on there. That alone would make it worth the price for me. Thanks

I was just looking at a page about the CD, and I think it did say that it had handwriting animations on it.

I like how the V Planner allows you to do things out of order easily. I'm wondering if it's too intense for me, though. I might spend more time trying to figure it out than I do to make up the lesson plans themselves. I can't wait to hear feedback from someone who has actually used it. Maybe for this year I should just get used to the Grades and Attendance one.

I was just looking at a page about the CD, and I think it did say that it had handwriting animations on it.

Thank you! I agree with just starting with the Grades and Attendance one and practice with the V Planner and get comfortable with it.

Computer fixed (I hope). I am very interested in the planner. I triedd HST but it is driving mearound a bend. I got planbook but can't manage to make it understand that we take a week off every three. Anyway, I am bumping this in case someone else wants to chime in!:bigear:

To answer the questions about what is on the CD...the hs diploma and many hs forms are on there. The handwriting pages are on there as well.

I'm sorry, but I haven't really had the time to look at the v-planner in depth. It will take me quite a while. But from what I have seen, it looks well worth the money. I also have Open Office on my computer and it works fine there. I just have to navigate the CD. It doesn't come with any printed directions, so the planner part seems a bit harder to navigate and figure out all of the functions. There are some directions telling what color is which, but I just haven't spent the time sitting there to really figure it out yet. (You're probably thinking, she is sitting at her computer now, but we run a few computers in our household and the one I usually use for e-mail is not capable of running the software due to space.)

To answer the questions about what is on the CD...the hs diploma and many hs forms are on there. The handwriting pages are on there as well.

I'm sorry, but I haven't really had the time to look at the v-planner in depth. It will take me quite a while. But from what I have seen, it looks well worth the money. I also have Open Office on my computer and it works fine there. I just have to navigate the CD. It doesn't come with any printed directions, so the planner part seems a bit harder to navigate and figure out all of the functions. There are some directions telling what color is which, but I just haven't spent the time sitting there to really figure it out yet. (You're probably thinking, she is sitting at her computer now, but we run a few computers in our household and the one I usually use for e-mail is not capable of running the software due to space.)

Donna Young has some videos on her website to show how to do things in her v planner. But I don't know if these are enough because I haven't bought the cd yet.

Thank you Lisa, i'm saving for it now.

I may sprint for this CD. I think it may be easier to have all forms together in a cd. Also I like having the planner on my pc because I am not always close to a wifi zone. I have to say that the V planner looks good. I got HST basic and it can shift lessons forward but not backward (for that you have to update to HST+). I am testing Planbook but it a pain to set free weeks in a block. Hopefully someone who has used the V planner and will come back to us soon? Pretty please???

Hopefully someone who has used the V planner and will come back to us soon? Pretty please???

I wish there was a way to test it out before purchasing. It just looks so intense to me. I would hate to purchase the CD just for that and then 10 minutes in figure out that it won't work for us. (I did that with Scholaric when I signed up for the free trial the other day.)

I wish there was a way to test it out before purchasing. It just looks so intense to me. I would hate to purchase the CD just for that and then 10 minutes in figure out that it won't work for us. (I did that with Scholaric when I signed up for the free trial the other day.)

This is why I haven't done it. I downloaded HST and I still haven't figured it out. I even got Planbook and then didn't like it. I thought about the V planner because I like her basic planner. Uhhhmmm ...

I personally love Excel spreadsheets and use then for everything I do, except record keeping. I waned something that integrated my schedule, lessons, grades, transcripts, etc. I have been using EduTrack and love it. You can set your holidays, what days you do school on, and then bump lessons forward and back fairly easily. It comes with printable graph paper, tablet paper of various sizes, a printable periodic table and more that I can't remember. It also prints report cards and award certificates. Everytime I het into the program I find something new :)

I just got the CD in the mail for VPlanner and I have a question for someone who is already using it. Can you only have 9 subjects per child? The way I usually have things broken down, we have more than that. Any suggestions?

• 8 months later...

Nope. In the end I didn't get simply because she will not sell the cd to international customers. I emailed Donna, posted a comment on her page, and I never got a reply from anyone. I even suggested she offers the file as a download (you know,like startwrite, HST, etc). I don't have anyone in the US who could get it for me and send it to the Gulf, so...:glare:

If you go to Donna's website it says the CD is out of stock.

Nope. In the end I didn't get simply because she will not sell the cd to international customers. I emailed Donna, posted a comment on her page, and I never got a reply from anyone. I even suggested she offers the file as a download (you know,like startwrite, HST, etc). I don't have anyone in the US who could get it for me and send it to the Gulf, so...:glare:

If you go to Donna's website it says the CD is out of stock.

Yeah, it says she is working on a 2012 version, due out by the end of March. I think I am going to get it.

• 7 months later...