Menu

Hey There :)

To increase the (oops.... edited to correct, the platelet count) white blood cells count for during chemotherapy, you can take 1 TBS of cold pressed-Virgin Organic Sesame Seed Oil and also rub on your abdomen... each day. (Your cell counts will improve with just a week of this, although just the first week, the difference will be measurable.)

Ok, so... just wanted to share in case anyone is doing chemo. At the cancer center treatment spot, they encourage their patients to orally consume and also massage into their skin. It's been the pattern there that it dramatically increases the patient's (oops.... platelet count) white blood cells count...

With my mom, it's very evident that when she is doing it she's been better, and the weeks she lagged, so have her (oops platelet) White Blood Cells count.

So, there it is.... Just wanted to put it out there, in case anyone could use the info ;)

Edited by NayfiesMama
Oops.... mistyped... Not White Blood Cell count...Oops ;)

Thank you for sharing, do you have any more information on this? My dog's WBC is low right now and they think she has some kind of infection (not cancer per pathologist review of blood slide). My understanding was that the WBC is typically low because the white blood cells are concentrating at the source of infection trying to fight it.

So just trying to understand the sesame oil thing and wondering if it would benefit my dog. Is it supposed to actually increase the # of white blood cells or help them fight more effectively or ?

I've also heard of consuming flax seed oil as beneficial for cancer patients, maybe it's the EFAs in the oil? I have been feeding my dog salmon oil with her food.

I know a lot is absorbed through the skin so it makes sense it would provide benefits that way, as well as benefits from stimulating blood flow through massage.

I posted this because I'm thinking so much about my mom and her chemo. Right now she's at the Cancer Center of America We were just talking about the fact that the info isn't out there, although the center has found it to be very beneficial. It's a center that uses chemo but with the benefits of things like Vitamin C intravenously and other things that aren't necessarily used in other centers. I'm not sure about the dose for dogs or babies. Here's some info for the pup; it seems to be used in their "spa" treatments...

http://www.spadiggitydog.com/ingredients.html

Sesame Oil -A rich, nearly odorless oil derived from tiny sesame seeds, Sesame oil has been used medicinally for literally thousands of years. Sesame Oil is a natural anti-bacterial (Protects against staphylococcus and streptococcus), anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and a powerful antioxidant (quickly penetrates the skin and will neutralize oxygen radicals). Sesame oil heals and protects areas of minor scrapes, cuts, abrasions and irritations.

Here's the # for the Cancer Treatment Center, if you want to see if they can give you a dose amount for babies/todders. 800-931-9299

The "Cancer Club" isn't one that anyone wants to belong to, but having some hints along the way can help!!

I'm also pm'ming you Momtoamayalilal2 with my email and an email about some things we've learned... that may be interesting to you..

Good Luck to both of you... Let me know how it works! ;)

This is interesting to me for a different reason...

They suspect that I have a rare autoimmune disease. It goes in and out of remission so it is hard to diagnose. This fall, I had a longish remission of about 3 months. I have tried hard to think back to what I was doing different at that time and the only thing that has came to mind was using a mixture of grape seed oil, sesame oil, and jojoba oil as an all-over body moisturizer daily. Stress had taken a huge toll on my skin last year and I was working to revive it. It worked wonders.

I had ran out of one of the oils, got off track/busy and hadn't gone back to it until this weekend. I hope this is part of what was the difference for me. I wonder if this has something to do with it....

Good timing to keep me motivated to do the rub down :0)

Guest TinaGale

Thanks so much! Hubby just did his 2nd chemo treatment and we will definitely be trying this.

Hey There :)

To increase the white blood cells count for during chemotherapy, you can take 1 TBS of cold pressed-Virgin Organic Sesame Seed Oil and also rub on your abdomen... each day. (Your cell counts will improve with just a week of this, although just the first week, the difference will be measurable.)

I'm actually going to be at the cancer center, today. Anyone who wants to read the tidbits we've gathered, just pm me with your email address ;)

Please let me know if it works for your family, too :) Tap,Tap,Tap... you too. Wouldn't that be great? Spectrum is one brand that has the cold pressed, Virgin Organic oil. I know they sent three coupons when I called... There are other good brands, and I'll ask my mom what she's using, when I see her this morning :)