Menu

A boring question about HST basic

desertmum

I thought I had it all figured out when I downloaded Homeschool Tracker (basic). As I entered our term dates I realised HST has the week set up to run from Monday to Sunday. Err... the week in the country where we live runs from Sunday through Thursday. It makes a HUGE difference as I never schedule school on Fridays and Saturdays (the local weekend) for many reasons:

1- Well, it IS the weekend.

2- It is the time dh and ds get to play together, and bond.

3- Ds gets the chance to hear/speak/learn English with and from ds who is a native speaker (I'm not).

Sorry about the rant. I almost forgot to ask my question: can you change the beginning and end day of a school week in HST, or this something only available in HST+, or not available at all? :toetap05:

:bigear:

I looked over my edition of Homeschool Tracker which is the basic, and I do not see a way to change the week.

Maybe some other moms can help you with that. I would call Homeschool Tracker or email them and ask about it.

Here is a page that has a link for the User Manual:

http://www.homeschooltracker.com/tracker_basic.aspx

Here is a link for the Get Help page:

http://www.homeschooltracker.com/support.aspx

:lol: Just dropped in to say I like your post title. Nice to have an admittedly boring post once in awhile.

Well. The thing is I KNOW the question in question :) will be boring for all except for those living the same crazy Sunday-Thursday week! :tongue_smilie:

I thought I had it all figured out when I downloaded Homeschool Tracker (basic). As I entered our term dates I realised HST has the week set up to run from Monday to Sunday. Err... the week in the country where we live runs from Sunday through Thursday. can you change the beginning and end day of a school week in HST, or this something only available in HST+, or not available at all?

I have HST+, and I can't remember what features are available in Basic, but I will explain how you can do it in + and maybe it's an option available!

I go to Maintenance>School Info>

at the bottom, it says School Days and gives you little check boxes next to each day. You check the boxes that you want to count as actual school days.

In +, you can also do a School Year Calculator when setting up your new school year and it makes setting it all up SO much easier. For that option, you go to...Tools>School Year Calculator>

and then just fill in each step according to how you want things to be setup for the new school year!

HTH!!