Menu

While I'm at it...suggest some good books for DS(4)!

It's not great literature or anything, but my five year old dragon lover was really into this book for several months: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Dragon-Pizzeria/Mary-Morgan/e/9780375823091 It was great because my 10 year old saw deeper humor in the book and didn't so much mind reading and re-reading it to my five year old.

Beyond that, all I can offer is this friendly bump from the depths of the nether pages :)

The first that jump to mind are M. P. Robertson's The Egg and The Dragon Snatcher. I love both of these (and so do my boys!).

If you want to try stretching him a bit, My Father's Dragon and the sequels (by Ruth Stiles Gannett) are a great way to introduce listening to chapter books. The chapters are short, high-interest, and funny, and there are plenty of pictures.

St George and the Dragon

Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff

Daniel's Dinosaurs by Mary Carmine

Sammy and the Dinosaurs by Ian Whybrow

The Dragons Are Singing Tonight by Prelutsky - a great collection of poems for little boys who love dragons!

I'm not going to be much help with cars and trucks and firetrucks. My 4yo is more of a trains and tractors fellow for transportation. The only thing we have is Curious George at the Firestation or whatever the exact title is.

The first that jump to mind are M. P. Robertson's The Egg and The Dragon Snatcher. I love both of these (and so do my boys!).

If you want to try stretching him a bit, My Father's Dragon and the sequels (by Ruth Stiles Gannett) are a great way to introduce listening to chapter books. The chapters are short, high-interest, and funny, and there are plenty of pictures.

Oh yes! I forgot about The Egg and The Dragon Snatcher - they're wonderful!

My kids all love this book! They also loved Dinosaur Bob.

Non-Dino favorites included Maurice Sendak's nutshell library books and anything by Leo Lionni. Oh, and Frank the Monster.

:iagree: We also liked:

I Stink (about a garbage truck)

Chewy Louie

Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel (anything else by Virgina Lee Burton)

Crictor (not a dragon, but a snake)

Fire Truck by Peter Sis

Lyle the Crocodile

Katie and the Mona Lisa (a dragon escapes from a painting in this one)

Have you seen this website? We have loved their selections for boys. Scroll down to the bottom for lists.

Guys Read

Edited by FairProspects