Menu

Math fact memorization games?

oliveview

I made my own version of a board game called Flip 4 - kind of tic-tac-toe with dice & math facts.

We also have played "make 10" - use the non-face cards, and flip one into the middle (not one pile, lay them out). If your card matches up with anything else in the middle to add up to 10, you take both, otherwise it stays there and you flip another one out.

Check this thread too: http://67.202.21.157/forums/showthread.php?t=272

We just play 21 or Blackjack. They try to figure out who comes close to 21 without going over. We play concentration. We take Monopoly Jr. and play. We also have a portable Scrabble. There is math in figuring out the scores.

I know that it is not creative and fun. It is simple, but the kids enjoy them. We play them during music lesson to occupy our time.

Blessings,

Karen

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

I'm looking for some fun and portable math fact memory games. I guess my thought is card games. I'm looking for something that I could play with my boys while our dd is in dance and things like that. Any ideas? What games have your kids loved?

Thanks so much!

Right Start has a Math Games package, all the cards you need and all the instructions. They also have great customer support and readily explain any games you don't understand.

Heather

Right Start has a Math Games package, all the cards you need and all the instructions. They also have great customer support and readily explain any games you don't understand.

Heather

I am playing these games with my ds7 & ds4 and we are having a great time. I never realized we could actually *teach* math by playing card games. I highly recommend this. It is a little pricey, but worth it.