Menu

Poison Ivy

We went to a field day on friday. Dd started itching on Saturday, I did not see anything, yesterday I did not see anything. Today it is all over her jaw. She says her head is itching too. HOW do I treat her head, I can't put Ivy Rest in her hair!

Since it's on her face, you might consider taking her to the doctor. Has she had poison ivy before? Does she usually recover easily? I've never gotten through it without prednisone which I know dr's don't like to give to kids unless it's on their face.

Sorry, I'm not much help about what to do about her head. Is there an anti-itch cream (cortizone) that you could rub in instead of something pasty like calamine?

We went to a field day on friday. Dd started itching on Saturday, I did not see anything, yesterday I did not see anything. Today it is all over her jaw. She says her head is itching too. HOW do I treat her head, I can't put Ivy Rest in her hair!

My ds has complained about his head itching before too....I don't think it was actually ON his head...I think it was some sort of weird itch transference thing. Shrug. I agree with Lynn that you might take her to the doctor since it is on her face...especially if it is near her eyes. However, for the itchy head and overall itchiness I just gave him Benedryl to keep the worst of the itch at bay. It is a pretty miserable 2 weeks I gotta tell you. My ds is 8 and he has had it at least 6 times. Eventually they will learn what it looks like and avoid it.