Menu

Non Electric food processor

Anyone have one of these ?

http://www.lehmans.com/store/USA_Made___Kitchen___Non_Electric_Food_Processor___L205?Args=#

My handy dandy Ronco food processor finally died and I have to replace it. I have been looking for one made in the USA and this is about the best I can find. I am not opposed to going green and using a manuel one but I have no experience with one. Can some one tell me the pros and cons?

I used my FP about once a week. The one from Lehmans seems to have all the blades I need.

I can't help thinking you could buy some pretty good knives for that--and they'd be easier to clean (and store). I do have a food processor though, but I use the chopping blade 99% of the time.

I guess I'm just too practical. :tongue_smilie:

If I wasn't going electric, then I'd rather just use a good knife. In my experience, non-electric gadgets really aren't very useful. I'd rather use electric or a knife. I don't have any appliances at all right now but I haven't really missed the food processor.

If I wasn't going electric, then I'd rather just use a good knife. In my experience, non-electric gadgets really aren't very useful. I'd rather use electric or a knife. I don't have any appliances at all right now but I haven't really missed the food processor.

:iagree: And good graters. When I cooked for large gatherings, I also had a mandolin, but not the huge French one, the smaller Japanese one. Could shave it paper thin that way.

When I cooked for large gatherings, I also had a mandolin, but not the huge French one, the smaller Japanese one. Could shave it paper thin that way.

Now that is something I've always wanted. Reading reviews on these things at amazon though just leaves me feeling discouraged from buying one. Maybe there is no such thing as a kitchen gadget that is universally liked.

I also don't want a huge clunky one. Can you point me to one like you have?

I don't have a lot of strength in my hands, and tend to VERY sharp knives or electric appliances for that reason.

I also don't want a huge clunky one. Can you point me to one like you have?

There is also a smaller model. Google around and make sure you are getting the bigger one. I believe this is it:

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Import-Benriner-Vegetable-Slicer/dp/B0002IYI62/ref=pd_sbs_k_4

Don't cheat and not use the guard ... these are SHARP. Like cutting butter.

As to the one you originally posted, I used one like that when I had a roomate, and you needed hand strength just to get the bells on and off.

Anyone have one of these ?

http://www.lehmans.com/store/USA_Made___Kitchen___Non_Electric_Food_Processor___L205?Args=#

My handy dandy Ronco food processor finally died and I have to replace it. I have been looking for one made in the USA and this is about the best I can find. I am not opposed to going green and using a manuel one but I have no experience with one. Can some one tell me the pros and cons?

I used my FP about once a week. The one from Lehmans seems to have all the blades I need.

We have one similiar to your link but made by salad master. Ours is 20+ years old and we still use it. Primarily for grating cheese, but it works for other things too. I like that the bells go in the dishwasher and the rest of it just wipes clean and then back in the drawer.

I really don't have any complaints. Our kids were able to use it from an early age (grating cheese for mom is a common kid-task here), so you don't have to be particularly strong. I like it much better than a hand held grater!