Menu

Frontier Girls?

I've been researching alternatives to Girl Scouts after looking at the new Journey program. I'm just not sure it will be a great fit. I'm looking for something that mirrors my experience as a child in Girl Scouts. I came across the Frontier Girls. http://www.frontiergirls.com/aboutus.html Does anyone belong to this or have you heard anything about them?

Thanks!

I looked into AHG, but I thought the religious component might not be a good fit for the families I was thinking might want to join. Frontier Girls looked like a group that everyone might be able to agree on. Anyone with experience in this group?

If you are going to be the leader for your troop you can modify the girl scouts journeys program to make it what you want.

I wasn't thrilled with the changes to girl scouts when I first looked at it last fall but my daughters leader has been wonderful and has run everything very similar to what I remember from girl scouts in the early '80's.

eta: The nice thing about girls scouts is the networking with other troops and the access to council programs. My daughter has gone to events planned by older girls, planned events for younger girls, done a community service project (girl scouts are widely recognized and welcomed) and been to camp over a long weekend. She will also be going to camp for a week this summer with a few of the girls from her troop.

I looked into AHG, but I thought the religious component might not be a good fit for the families I was thinking might want to join. Frontier Girls looked like a group that everyone might be able to agree on. Anyone with experience in this group?

I had not heard of it. We're in AHG, but Frontier Girls looks great too (the uniforms look similar, so I may be a bit biased--I think it looks sharp). I'd go for it.

• 4 months later...
Guest kacordy

If you would like more information on Frontier Girls, visit our website at www.frontiergirls.com or our sister site for Quest Clubs at www.questclubs.com. Frontier Girls was founded on homeschool principles and we have a belief that anything and everything is educational. At this time there are well over 1000 different badges to earn and we write more every month.

While Frontier Girls does require a belief in God, girls and volunteers of all faiths are welcome. Quest Clubs on the other hand simply takes the badges and awards from Frontier Girls and makes them available as educational incentives for both boys and girls of all ages. Quest has no promise, creed, required, beliefs, formal uniform, etc. It was designed for families and clubs to use anyway they wish.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at kerry@frontiergirls.com. You can also visit our facebook page if you would like to see what others are saying about our program.

Sincerely,

Kerry Cordy

Frontier Girls

Quest Clubs