Menu

Has Anyone Here Purchased Rock band 3?

We have RB 2, and would like to get RB 3.

I've seen the software for it in various stores, but I have not seen any of the big boxes with instruments. I'm assuming our RB 2 instruments will be compatible, but isn't there a piano in RB 3? Where have you found that?

If we purchase *just* the software, can we still enjoy it? Or do we need to find the software+instrument package somewhere?

Thanks!

Hillary

I bought RB3, the new drumset, new guitar, keyboard/stand, and microphone before Christmas.

Dh loves the symbols attached to the RB3 pro-drums. The drum pads also are a bit quieter and softer to hit. He hasn't used the old set since. (You can get upgrade kit for the old drums but I just bought the new set instead)

The keyboard is fun for dd12 and newer players who are intimidated by the other instruments (no one here uses it like a guitar although you can). DD12 likes the keyboard and uses it a lot. It is a lower-stress intstrument and easier to play.

The mic is a mic but you can sing harmony with RB3 so I bought a new one to go with it.

The RB3 guitar is nice and ds16, who plays on expert, really likes it. There is a 'Pro-guitar' which is more complex than the regular RB guitars so if you buying a new guitar, watch which one you are getting.

The RB3 software includes new songs. The family really likes the newer songs.

We have 'Rock Band Nights' with the neighbors so buying the extra gear was worth the investment to me. More instruments can be attached with the newer version so more people can play/sing at once.

One side note about the newest pro-guitar, you have to pay extra to get the 'pro-guitar songs' and not all songs are available for this.

I bought all OME or Madcatz. Everything has held up through heavy playtime and has traveled 8hrs+ several times to the cabin and back. Good investment for my family. I spent about $500 to buy everything, but that was before Christmas so the prices may have dropped a bit since then. I bought almost everything online. The instruments are very hard to find in stores.