Menu

phone camera....question

I know it is pretty standard to have a cell phone with a camera...but I am trying to figure out what is the main reason to have one...I have a very nice camera, so I wouldn't use it for taking pictures for albums and such...so why would I want one...what do you use your camera phone for??

We have a nice camera, but don't end up using it that often. I use my phone camera all the time. It's handy because I always have my phone, so I always have my camera too. It's also really easy to send pictures from it to FB.

Some examples--

Last week I needed plants for the garden. I took some pictures of the garden so when I got to the garden store I could look at the pictures and find exactly what I wanted.

I have some pictures of different rooms of my house on my phone. It's handy so that I can look at them if I'm out somewhere and see something I like, but I'm not sure if it would look good or fit in a certain spot.

Can you tell I'm not good at visualizing?

Sometimes my dh and I send pictures to each other by email. He sent me out to buy some stuff for a project and I couldn't find exactly what he wanted, so I took pictures of things and we were able to come up with something without me running back and forth to the store.

It's just handy. Not a necessity though.

I am a tracfone user becasue I don't use my phone all that much and with the ability to buy double minutes for life (basically 2 minutes for the price of one), it is all I really need. But I am ready to upgrade and I am considering either this one LG290C | Tracfone which has a camera and this one

Tracfone Site Phone Details Page which doesn't. The 1st one is bigger than the second. So this is why I am trying to decide how important a camera is. Your ideas, Perry, are what I was thinking I might use it for...but how often...hmmm....

I like to text pictures to the grandparents. What grandma doesn't like an instant picture of those first steps? Or the kids playing in the sprinklers? I take pictures in stores all the time. Whenever we are looking to make a larger purchase, I take pictures so that I can show dh what I like.

I actually use the camera on my phone all the time. I never seem to have the regular camera with me, and since I always have my cell phone, it is not a problem any more.

I'm a photographer, so I'd MUCH rather have my nice SLR camera. But it's just not practical to have that with me all the time. So I use my phone's camera when I see that cute photo opportunity and I don't have my "real" camera with me. I also use it to post pictures to Facebook and to text photos to grandparents.

Honestly, I use it around Christmas time too. Instead of writing my kids Christmas list, we go to the store and I take photos of things that they want. That way, if Nana doesn't know what to get the kids, I just text her the photo.

Echoing the above. To send to grandparents right as the moment is happening. To capture something cool and unexpected. To take pictures of things I'm thinking of buying for the house. I even dither over throw pillows. So I photograph 6 or 8 styles and then look at which ones fit the feel of my family room when I get there. Some people can do this naturally. I cannot :tongue_smilie:

Echoing the above. To send to grandparents right as the moment is happening. To capture something cool and unexpected. To take pictures of things I'm thinking of buying for the house. I even dither over throw pillows. So I photograph 6 or 8 styles and then look at which ones fit the feel of my family room when I get there. Some people can do this naturally. I cannot :tongue_smilie:

I can't tell you how many times I've snapped a picture and then sent it with a text to ds19 and dh. I *LOVE* that I can do this! I also love having a camera on hand when I never expected to need one.

We watched MANY an episode of Orange County Choppers with my sons. Recently dd11 and I were coming home from a competition in PA and literally stumbled upon their shop. I got to send so many pics of bikes we saw get built on the show. It was REALLY cool! Especially since I decided NOT to bring my camera to the competition this time since we now have a team photographer~!