Menu

bob jones or ace spanish

I agree that BJU Spanish is a good program. At the high school level, Mr. Cancino teaches Spanish I. He is very personable and my daughter liked him, but I liked Spanish 2 with Mrs. Saldivar much better. She was more organized and explained things well.

From everything I have read, you NEED to use BJU DVD or online to use the Spanish program unless you are already fluent. BJU gives you 13 months to complete the course using online or DVDs that you lease. You are supposed to do the course 4-5 days a week, 170 lessons. Period. From looking at many samples online too, it looks like the whole focus of BJU Spanish is to evangelize.

You actually purchase, own and can then resell the Ace DVDs. The Ace course is dependent on using the DVDs plus the Paces. It is a very thorough and rigorous Spanish course and has great reviews from Cathy Duffy. In fact, I couldn't agree with her more about how great his course is because we have it ;)