Menu

Ignore list?

Well, I just ignited the feature for the first time and I can still see everyone else's comments, just not that persons. There is a little option so I can choose to see what they wrote if I really, really wanted to know. But nope. No desire. I feel free to enjoy this forum once again! YAY! :D

I realize you are young, but surely you realize that telling someone that they are over-reacting and that they don't get the joke is rude. Sometimes people don't laugh at jokes because they are not funny. Sometimes people have a legitimate bone to pick. Apologies come across as hallow when you use this sort of language to describe someone who was upset.

I bet specialmama won't see this, but I believe she is overreacting to a joke she doesn't get.
It's presumptuous of you to assume that anyone should be up to date on all threads here so as to be able to benefit from a good chuckle at your joke. And given that you've recently started threads on spanking and abortion (a subject almost guaranteed to inflame passions and get nasty), I think she has reason to be suspicious of your intentions.

I bet specialmama won't see this, but I believe she is overreacting to a joke she doesn't get.

Or perhaps she knows boorishness when she sees and it chooses not to have to see it anymore.

Nice! Thanks. I'm so glad to know that. Back to enjoying the forums too :)

Yay! You are most welcome. :001_smile:

I realize you are young, but surely you realize that telling someone that they are over-reacting and that they don't get the joke is rude. Sometimes people don't laugh at jokes because they are not funny. Sometimes people have a legitimate bone to pick. Apologies come across as hallow when you use this sort of language to describe someone who was upset.

:iagree: That joke was around loooong before you (tnt) joined the forum. I'm well aware of the joke thankyouverymuch. Thank you Mrs M, and thank you for not calling me on my kitten slaughter above. :tongue_smilie: You know I'm very anti-kitten-killing. :D

It's presumptuous of you to assume that anyone should be up to date on all threads here so as to be able to benefit from a good chuckle at your joke. And given that you've recently started threads on spanking and abortion (a subject almost guaranteed to inflame passions and get nasty), I think she has reason to be suspicious of your intentions.

Yup. And from the sound of it a lot of others are growing weary of the pot stirring as well.

Or perhaps she knows boorishness when she sees and it chooses not to have to see it anymore.

Bingo! Thanks Audrey!