Menu

This might be helpful: taking notes, making sentences, forming paragraphs

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

" on every hand" doesn't mean both hands were jostled.

It means " all around " or " on every side" , " both sides"

It's about being surrounded and overwhelmed, not about his hands.

Trying for clarity , not snarkiness.

I think this looks great, just noticing that care has to be taken with translating idioms.

~c

" on every hand" doesn't mean both hands were jostled.

It means " all around " or " on every side" , " both sides"

It's about being surrounded and overwhelmed, not about his hands.

Trying for clarity , not snarkiness.

I think this looks great, just noticing that care has to be taken with translating idioms.

~c

Glad you brought that up. We did talk about that. That's why we went with, "Both hands were bumped and jerked by shoppers."

We felt like "by shoppers" covered people were everywhere, but you're so right. Scholastic has a great Idiom Dictionary that we enjoy. It would have been a nice time to pull it out.

I just wanted to tell you that I really liked your post on teaching paragraph organization to your first grader. I thought that was really clever and a great way to approach it for a young student. :) I'm going to be using that.

I'm so glad. I have to say, using a couple good writing programs has taken the fear out of me. FINALLY. It is something that someone who loves to write, like me, could feel like such a terrible writing teacher. It's hard to put into words something that always came so naturally for me...esp. when I'm trying to help my mathaholics understand. It's really like 2 different languages!

Enjoy your journey!