Menu

AoPS Intro to Number Theory before Algebra?

Has anyone tried doing this before algebra? DD just passed the pre-test, only missed the last question, but she's only had pre-algebra so far. What little I know of number theory sounds right up her alley, but I'm concerned I will spend $50 on the book only to find that she really needs more algebra than she currently has to really understand the whole book. Any thoughts? TIA!

Has anyone tried doing this before algebra? DD just passed the pre-test, only missed the last question, but she's only had pre-algebra so far. What little I know of number theory sounds right up her alley, but I'm concerned I will spend $50 on the book only to find that she really needs more algebra than she currently has to really understand the whole book. Any thoughts? TIA!

We did the first half of the book last summer, after Singapore 6. There were some things I had to explain to my dd, but we managed to work halfway through the book very successfully. We're planning on finishing it up this summer (we did Singapore DM1 over the school year). My dd really enjoyed it, and the plan is to do AoPS Algebra in the fall.