Menu

Have to take a board break for a while

Hi All,

I'm really kinda late in posting this, I've been on a board break for about a week now already. I will be off the boards for a couple weeks because our oversight academy's big stage play production is next week. My son is in it and I'm the sound tech for it and helping with props and so on too. So I'm already swamped and it will be a crazy but wonderful week next week. I absolutely love productions and I love running sound and doing effects. And, I don't get many chances to do this at this time in our life, so I'm loving every minute of it.

They are doing "The Man Who Came To Dinner" and it is hysterical.

I feel guilty for not jumping in on topics right now, but I've got to discipline myself to just not even look for the next week.

See y'all soon

PS for those in the IRISH DANCE circle....we're going to SRO Oireachtas in Dec!!!! YEAH!!!!

• 1 month later...

PS for those in the IRISH DANCE circle....we're going to SRO Oireachtas in Dec!!!! YEAH!!!!

Reviving this old thread to say we were just asked to go, too, to the mid-America Oireachtas. We haven't given an answer yet, as it's over Thanksgiving vacation and a 7 hour drive. Hmmm....

I keep telling my son he needs to learn the Irish pipes as well (he plays the GH Pipes) so that he can go hang out with some of the dancers. The pipers are all so old! (DS is 14 1/2). And there just aren't as many Scottish dancers...

Best of luck at Oireachtas.

asta

Ours is in December, I'd actually rather it was over thanksgiving! We are doing it the 1st weekend of December. So, Our plans are to go down Friday morning compete over the weekend and take an extended family vacation in Orlando Monday through Saturday....maybe shorter depending on what our wallet can bear at that time.

I would probably be hesitant to do this, but ds is a senior and this is likely to be his one and only opportunity to go...so we will go. I think he will treasure the memory, win or lose.

Also, we've been dealing with aging grandparents that have cut the vacation opportunities for this year, so we figure we should try to make one happen then.

Anyway....we'll be thinking happy thoughts for you!

:auto: (actually, we'll fly!) to Orlando in Dec!