Menu

Winning with Writing (from GWG writers) is out

We're using WWW3 and I like the methodology. Each weekly lesson has a new concept; the first few days are examples of good and bad writing and then ds creates his own writing the last couple days. Although the conceptual lessons are open and go, the original writing does require my supervision. For example, ds read a paragraph about the differences between crocodiles and alligators, then had to come up with his own question. His first pass: Where do crocodiles build their nests? Great question; it had nothing to do with the paragraph he read. So we talked about staying on topic and discussed a few options to guide his thought process. He came up with a good sentence and we copied it down.

Although I find WWW to be a gentle guide for writing effectively, I don't think WWW is enough as a stand-alone program. In my personal opinion, writing takes practice so I want my ds9 writing everyday. We were using WWE3 combined with WWW3, but I found the additional reading in WWE3 unneccessary. We use the WWE principles for other subjects; he narrates three to four sentences of reading and history three times a week, plus dictation the other two days.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic