Menu

We are starting vision therapy

We are starting vision therapy with my 6 year old for the summer. he has a multitude of vision problems. My problem is the $75 a week with an ninety-minute ride weekly for an hour of therapy. But he needs it and you ladies have convinced me it is worth it. I just wish we could have it covered or scholarshipped somehow.

Just wanted to say that we did VT with my son, a total of 6 months. There was also a 45 min drive, both directions, twice a week. He had his evaluation at the end of April, and every area has improved greatly. I wish you the best. Just hang in there and continue with at home work. This I should still be continuing as well, 2 days a week.

I just wanted to add my support and encouragement. The drive, the cost, and the hours of homework each week were not at all fun, but the results were sooo worth it for us. I hope the payoff is as good for you and your son! :001_smile:

The drive and the hours of home work turned out to be the biggest blessing to me and my daughter.

She loved the weekly hour with her therapist. And she loved the extra alone time with me. We would head to the Caribou Coffee shop across the street afterwards for coffee and split a danish and chat about whatever was on her mind.

But I was still glad when that commitment was done. It was alot of work. But it didn't turn out to be something to dread either.