Menu

Just ordered the HCG pellets....

I've kept it off so far (amazingly).

I WILL cheat for the first time this evening. It is my birthday and I'm going to have a piece of cheesecake (tradition). I hope it does not make me ill!

--

I purchased chicken tenders (easier to portion), top sirloin steak, tilapia fillets, frozen shrimp (I cheated a bit and went with pre-cooked for shrimp) and lean ground beef.

I purchased a digital scale and a BUNCH of Zip-lock baggies. For the chicken and steak I portioned out my 3.5 ounces then wrapped them in waxed paper and placed in baggie. I put the ground beef and shrimp portions in smaller baggies. I put the baggies inside another baggie and placed in the freezer. This way I could quickly grab the perfect portion.

I would grill steaks for the family-- then when they were almost done I'd add my skimpy one to the grill (it still tasted great to me!). I used my GF grill for the chicken tenders for a quick lunch-- I'd either eat the chicken plain (just spices) or I'd cut it up and make a grilled chicken salad.

I made my own salad dressing using coconut oil, red-wine vinegar, spices and a few drops of stevia. I'm sensitive to artificial sweeteners and they are not recommended for this diet anyways. The fat-free dressings from the store either had sugar or artificial stuff.

I made a great 'chilli' using ground beef (double portion), 1 tiny can of tomato sauce, garlic, minced onions, cumin, (assorted other spices) and some red-pepper flakes. I would divide this and freeze the other half for later that week. The texture is nice but serving size is only about 2/3 cup.

I also made a chicken-celery soup. Cut up chicken portion and pan 'fry' in 1/2 tsp of coconut oil, set aside. Cut up 4 celery stalks and a few table spoons of onion (or just use minced onion flakes). Saute cellery and onion in a tiny bit of coconut oil until tender. Add chicken back in and enough water to cover. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes. I add salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and 1/4 tsp of chicken stock base (paste). This makes about 2 cups and is VERY filling (nice texture too).

Lettuce wraps/taco salad was good-- use ground beef, add taco seasoning (or make your own variation with spices).... put seasoned ground beef on lettuce and top each with a tsp of Pace Chunky Picante sauce (this was legal on my version of the diet)--2 tablespoons total salsa. I did this once with chicken too-- while I missed the cheese it was still yummy!

I cooked fish like tilapia in foil packets. Place fish on piece of foil, lightly spice (seasoned salt, garlic salt or my favorite seasoning blend), seal the pouch and place in 400degree oven for 20 minutes. I'd often pair this with asparagus spears also roasted in a foil packet with a few spices (no butter but still juicy).

Baked apples were my favorite treat. Slice a medium apple (I like Gala), place in small bake-ware dish, and sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Add 1-2 drops of stevia (optional). Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. YUM!!!

I used HC3. It is expensive, but my dd's Dr had documented cases of it working for his patients, and the kit contained keytone test strips (so you can verify that you are burning fat and not muscle).

I also get the next round for $20 because of a rebate! Not sure if I will use it or not though.

Yeah, that's NuMedica. :) My friend is a herbalist/nutritionalist and that's what she uses for her clients (and herself). Yay for friends who will discount! ;)

I just tried the PowerGreens (chocolate). BLECH!! I'll probably force them down once in a while only because it came with the kit and I don't want to waste.

NuMedica doesn't have their list online. This is the list from my book. It's pretty similar to THIS list. NuMedica doesn't allow as many meat choices but it's not a big deal for me because we are not big meat eaters. When we do it's either chicken, ground turkey (which my herbalist/nutritionalist has ok'd but I would still substitute b/c we do not eat ground beef), or shrimp. I plan on adding quinoa as a protein source every now and then. Also, egg and cottage cheese are not on this list. For now I'm going by this list (with the exception of ground turkey and quinoa) to get the hang of it. I may add in the egg option to see if it effects things any.

Fruits/Veggies

asparagus

banana peppers

cabbage

celery

chicory

cucumber (with or without peel)

fennel

lettuce

onion

parsley

jalapeno

radish

salsa (pace chunky)

spinach

tomato

tomato paste

apple

grapefruit

strawberry

orange

Meats

chicken breast

cod

crab

ground beef

lobster

orange roughy

perch

shrimp

steak

tilapia

trout

white sea bass

Snacks

melba toast or rounds

Grissini breadsticks

Staples

ACV

coconut oil, used sparingly

juice of 1 lemon

black coffee

All the advice you've received so far is great. :D

My advice: read, read, read.

And load well.

And, make sure to time it for a relatively easy period in your life ... I'm having a very hard time on this round. Very hard. The first round was so easy and I lost a lot. Now, the last several pounds on this round is just plain difficult. :confused: This diet, like all diets, is very mental.