Menu

What to send someone who just had kidney transplant?

A friend just underwent a kidney transplant and we want to send something. Everyone has been specifically asked NOT to send flowers. They need no financial help and have a few children. What are some good gift ideas? Thanks!

A friend of mine just went thru a liver transplant last fall. I would suggest a nice card with a GC for dinner out someplace, or some maid service. It was months before she could cook or clean by herself. They did have their church bring in meals every other day for quite a while, but they did appreciate some take out every now and then too.

I crocheted her a shawl she kept on her bed at all times. :001_smile:

Food basket would be nice, but my friend ate very little after surgery and was on a restricted diet to some degree. The friend's spouse might enjoy the snacks tho.

A friend just underwent a kidney transplant and we want to send something. Everyone has been specifically asked NOT to send flowers. They need no financial help and have a few children. What are some good gift ideas? Thanks!

I'm assuming your friend was the reciever? When I donated, if I had children at the time, the best gift would have been someone to take care of the everyday things with them so I could heal in peace. :) If you can't be there physically, they I'd suggest a gift card to a restaurant local to them that the family enjoys; just one less thing for mom to think about as she recovers.