Menu

Cougar Town

I did a search and I was surprised not to find anything. Please link this thread if there is one out there already.

Did anyone watch Cougar Town last night? It was funny, but it also kinda annoyed me. They had these odd "chalk children" There were two derogatory comments about homeschooling. I know it is just a silly show, but....

The first one I thought was funny, that one didn't bother me. I really enjoyed the episode. As usual, it was so ridiculous that it just isn't reality. I think what rubbed me the wrong way was at the end, when she said "put you kid in real school." or something like that after the mom left. I will still watch the show, it just bothered me.

It is probably just that my thick skin hasn't come in yet, it is only our first year of homeschool.

Nicole

Edited by Northwest_Mama

I almost started this exact post this morning.

I didn't hear the comment at the end because our stupid DVR always cuts off the end of shows. I did cringe though when they said the kids were homeschooled.

I'm a little testy about it today though after a comment from our pediatrician this morning. It's only our first year too and I'm not so patiently waiting for my think skin to grow in.