Menu

Could you do History Odyssey

mo2

Personally, this wouldn't be my first choice. I think if your student was very advanced you could, but it might be a stretch. If he/she were doing it along with an older sibling I could see modifying the lessons a bit. Or, if you think your child is really ready for it I'd say go for it. Personally, I just bought it for my upcoming 5th grader and I think it's going to be a perfect level for him. My upcoming 4th grader would not handle it well at all. I take the 4th grade year to slowly build up the expectations so when we hit 5th grade it's not such a jolt.

That's just us though.... for someone else it might work just fine! ;)

I did it this year with ds10, but he was tagging with dd who was in 5th. He struggled more with the reading than she did, partially because unless I was riding him, he tended to skip it and then have to play catchup when caught. I also needed to modify some of the writing assignments. He could have done them, but the time would have put him behind in other stuff.

ETA:It was not the Kingfisher or Story of Man he struggled with, it was the chapter books in the Greek and Roman section.