Menu

Quick question before I order AAS

It's a nice, sturdy box that fits the cards perfectly. I really like it.

Would it be cheaper to buy it without that package though? They sell it individually. I got it and the laminated dividers when they were on sale. I didn't buy one of the packages because I already had the letters and magnets (from RR). I don't have the phonogram CD (there are free sites online that you can hear them if you need to) or the tote bag or anything.

I was like you and knew I didn't want the tote bag or stickers. So I just stuck with adding the card box on as a separate item.

I suppose you could just get a random card box from an office store but I like this one since it is made just for it.

Here's the difference between an index card box I got at an office store verses the AAS box. I still use my old black index box to store the past word cards from Levels 1-3, but I'll keep transferring my Key, Phonogram, and Sound cards to the new AAS box for review.

As you can see, the cards fit perfectly in the new box, but are shorter than width of the typical file box. The old file dividers do fit perfectly in a regular box. But if you get the box, you get hard, shiny, rugged dividers that will never tear.

post-8662-13535084851717_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535084852001_thumb.jpg

post-8662-13535084852269_thumb.jpg

It looks like the new box has enough room to store the current and past level of Word cards. Pretty cool.

The one listed on the site is the one I have, and it looks like the same one you have? :confused: I think I took out past level word cards when we started level 3, or maybe it was going to be after level 3 that I'd have to do that. I've already forgotten, since I put the cards in 2 weeks ago. :lol:

I'm sure they're the same box. I just double-checked mine, and it has all the new Level 4 stuff, all the past non-Word cards, plus all of Level 3 Word Cards, including a blue foam divider. I could not fit all 4 levels of cards in there though. That's totally fine with me, it would get too bulky if that was so.

Here's the difference between an index card box I got at an office store verses the AAS box. I still use my old black index box to store the past word cards from Levels 1-3, but I'll keep transferring my Key, Phonogram, and Sound cards to the new AAS box for review.

As you can see, the cards fit perfectly in the new box, but are shorter than width of the typical file box. The old file dividers do fit perfectly in a regular box. But if you get the box, you get hard, shiny, rugged dividers that will never tear.

Thanks so much! That is exactly what I needed to hear. For the people who do have the storage bag, does it help keep things organized? Do the kids get more excited when you actually take out the bag? The file box alone is $10 and it is just $20 to get it with the bag and stickers.

I guess the bag is unnecessary then. Thanks, ladies!

Yeah, I keep my stuff on top of a 10 drawer cart I got from Sam's ($30) where I keep all my homeschool manipulatives and art supply type stuff. So when it's time to do spelling, I just grab the TM with the review box on top, a baggy of markers/eraser, and a baggy of extra tiles - all this is stacked on top of the TM, so it's easy to grab. Sit down with the white board and get to work. :)

I would love to have the AAS box and dividers (I really like the AAR box), but our AAR bag...it's just sort of bulky and takes up WAY more room on the shelf than just the books would :(. I also find it a bit hard to keep the books up straight with it, they tend to slop around in there a bit more than on the shelf.