Menu

I have a question and need help ASAP...repeat UTI test(maybe TMI)

I have to go in today for a f/u for a UTI. I had bacteria and blood in my urine the last time I went(10 days ago). In office tested positive but the lab culture was negative. Two Dr's still said I had a UTI, while one said I had a kidney stone(I had a kidney stone about 4 years ago).

I finished out the Cipro and going in today for another culture.

The problem?

I am spotting. UGH. Only when I wipe. Very little. But still. Doesn't take much if it gets into that sample.

If I wear a tampon, do you think that I could still get an accurate result?

I've had many UTI's and if I'm not wearing a tampon but am spotting, I will just cover that opening with a wad of toilet paper.

TMI, I'm sorry...

If you tested negative for a UTI, I would believe the kidney stone diagnosis to be accurate. I've had MULTIPLE UTI's since I was a little girl, but the one where I was diagnosed with a kidney stone was MUCH different. Did you have a fever or any pains, especially pains that came and went in your groin?

No. I had a kidney stone before and I know exactly how that felt. Worse pain in the world.

But, I could have one just sitting there and I am asymptomatic for now. I only went to the Dr's because I kept having an upset stomach. One hematologist and one Dr both said that lab cultures are not always accurate for UTI's. I had no urges to urinate, or any other symptoms except upset stomach.

Since being on the Cipro, and I am done now, My upset stomach is gone.

They want to see if the blood is gone. But I also had bacteria in my urine along with a trace of blood(not visible).

Okay, just gonna throw in a tampon.

They still may have me come back in a week.

Thanks

Edited by dancer67