Menu

MUS discount code????

Bumping for you :).

Is there such a thing? I am buying at our convention to at least avoid shipping costs. The MUS prices here are a little higher but ordering from the US would have cost me more, adding on the shipping.

Bumping for you :).

Is there such a thing? I am buying at our convention to at least avoid shipping costs. The MUS prices here are a little higher but ordering from the US would have cost me more, adding on the shipping.

I have no idea. I have my things sitting in my cart. Yesterday, when I went to check out there was this little box for discount code. I had never seen such a thing, so I thought I'd ask here. I sure would love to save on shipping!

I have no idea. I have my things sitting in my cart. Yesterday, when I went to check out there was this little box for discount code. I had never seen such a thing, so I thought I'd ask here. I sure would love to save on shipping!

I have a big order since I want to start Adrian from Alpha and then accelerate through it in order to get to Beta. So I have both levels to get at the same time plus the blocks and possibly the wooden box. Thankfully, there is a supplier here in BC so the shipping was not too bad but why pay it if we don't have to, right :)?

I would contact them about it if I were you. Now that you mentioned it I am going to ask the ladies at the convention. I have gotten in touch with both the Canadian and US offices with questions and they have been very helpful and friendly. Have you thought about contacting them and letting them know that you noticed the discount code area in the ordering process and ask how someone can obtain a code? Since you have not had any replies, perhaps it is something new. They did work on their website recently. I know because the ordering function was disabled for a while and they were asking people to contact them for orders. Perhaps it was added then.

Edited by Guest

I found the following post on MUS' Facebook page when googling for codes. I also found the same general answer posted on various websites. It sounds like ordering at the convention to get free shipping is the best deal. I'm not sure why they have a box for promo codes at checkout.

P.S. Marie - It seems as though we may be on the same page with our boys. DS did Abeka K this year (which worked well for dd), but we need to change things up for 'Lil Buddy. :)

"Carolyn Smith

just curious does MathuSee ever have promo codes or good sales??"

•  
      Math-U-See Good question, our goal is to keep our prices low and reasonable hence we don't run sales or use promo codes. Hope that answers your question.

P.S. Marie - It seems as though we may be on the same page with our boys. DS did Abeka K this year (which worked well for dd), but we need to change things up for 'Lil Buddy. :)

We are mastery oriented here but I added Horizons to the mix because I wanted Adrian exposed to the spiral approach also. However, I have seen that Horizons, while giving him the mechanics, it is not giving him the background knowledge of math that I would like. It was worked fine for us but that's it. I love math and some of Adrian's first words where learning numbers. He loves math and sees numbers and patterns all around him. Lately, with Horizons this is jut not happening because he is starting to focus on memorization and it is taking the joy out of it. I made the mistake of focusing on Horizons first, instead of focusing on Singapore first and then adding Horizons as a supplement. I see the joy in his face when he has to think to figure out something in Singapore, the workbooks and especially the IP books. Two math programs is what I want to stick with so I researched MathUSee and some others, and realized that MathUSee would be something he would like. I then watched some of the videos with him and he couldn't get enough :). We have accelerated Horizons (we will finish next week) to finish it because I want him to learn that we do not quit on things but he is really excited about MathUSee. He is really looking forward to the convention so it looks like he will want to start right away I think :D. I may just accelerate through Alpha and then move onto Singapore 1B. We shall see! I need to check out the scope and sequence between the two more closely.

Oh... and thank you for the info on the coupon codes :).

•  

Math-U-See Good question, our goal is to keep our prices low and reasonable hence we don't run sales or use promo codes. Hope that answers your question.

Yep, that answers it! I have to order Epsilon for Bug and need student books for Boo. He'll begin Beta. I also need the fraction overlays.

Marie, we have our blocks in a plastic container and that works fine for us. If your looking to save a bit, you don't necessary need the wooden box, IMO.

Marie, we have our blocks in a plastic container and that works fine for us. If your looking to save a bit, you don't necessary need the wooden box, IMO.

Thank you Sherry. This was why I said possibly. I want to see it first. It is $45 here. Nice to have but I will most likely just use a plastic container also. I already use plastic containers for our other manipulatives anyway. What has be interested is that it keeps everything in its own little compartment but it looks like it just lifts open and Malcolm is already getting into almost all the manipulatives. Making it easy for him by just having to lift a cover, not so good :lol:!

Marie, this is a good container for the MUS blocks, if decide to use something other than what MUS sells. I like that it has a latch-top lid so everything is secure. It's 14"x11".

http://www.sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=474&view=0&picture=1&tab=Description&ProductCategory=250&section=1

Thank you my dear :). I will check and see if Walmart here carries it. I love Sterilite containers. I just need to also check how tight the latches are because my little worm has discovered how to open them :lol:. As for screw-on type containers, his new trick is to slam them on the ground until the caps pop off :banghead:. Lets just say he is very resourceful when he wants something! I doubt I will go for the wooden box from MUS. I would worry too much about it being dropped and I just don't find it fair having to put Adrian's stuff high up and inaccessible to him just to keep them away from Malcolm. So... a plastic container is the way I will most likely go. I will check this one out. Thanks again.

Thank you Sherry. This was why I said possibly. I want to see it first. It is $45 here. Nice to have but I will most likely just use a plastic container also. I already use plastic containers for our other manipulatives anyway. What has be interested is that it keeps everything in its own little compartment but it looks like it just lifts open and Malcolm is already getting into almost all the manipulatives. Making it easy for him by just having to lift a cover, not so good :lol:!

I understand. I am rearranging currently b/c "our princess" dumped ALL of our flashcards this week and skated on them during school!:lol: I spent yesterday putting them back in appropriate stacks and boxes. Needless to say, we are toddler proofing AGAIN. ;)

I understand. I am rearranging currently b/c "our princess" dumped ALL of our flashcards this week and skated on them during school!:lol: I spent yesterday putting them back in appropriate stacks and boxes. Needless to say, we are toddler proofing AGAIN. ;)

Yikes! And here I thought boys were the wild ones :lol:. I am picking up and re-sorting constantly. I do change things around too though so that he doesn't get into certain things. His next solution when he can't access something, is to bring the container to us, shove it on our lap and say "open". If we don't, the next step is to start crying :glare:. After we move I want to set up some Montessori activities for him. I know he will love that and it will teach him how to put things back the way they were. I can dream right ;)!

I would not get the wooden box. I bought mine 3 or 4 years ago and it started falling apart last year. We're not rough with it either. It looks nice and fits perfectly on my shelf, but it's just not holding up very well.

We love everything else about MUS though. :)

I would not get the wooden box. I bought mine 3 or 4 years ago and it started falling apart last year. We're not rough with it either. It looks nice and fits perfectly on my shelf, but it's just not holding up very well.

We love everything else about MUS though. :)

Thanks for letting me know Kellie :). So then judging by my rough very active toddler, ours would not make it through the first year :lol:. I think I'll definitely pass on it. I can use that money to buy a Canadian history guide I have been wanting to get.

If you really want to do MUS on a budget...

Try the MUS Swap group on Yahoo. There are always books & dvd's being sold - and every now and again a set of manipulatives. I've gotten all my teacher sets that way and saved $$, especially when they were going through multiple volumes in one year.

I can't say anything about the wooden box since I don't have one, but I did get a plastic tool box at Home Depot for $5 and it fits ALL my blocks in there (and I have a double set). It's bulky, but it works. :)

I can't say anything about the wooden box since I don't have one, but I did get a plastic tool box at Home Depot for $5 and it fits ALL my blocks in there (and I have a double set). It's bulky, but it works. :)

A tool box! I never thought of that. I'll look into that as well, if it will keep the pieces better organized. Thanks for the idea :).

We also use a plastic box for our MUS blocks. It is like a large shoebox size. I would hate having to sort the blocks into their own little slots all the time. I don't think I could convince the little ones to do it!

We also use a plastic box for our MUS blocks. It is like a large shoebox size. I would hate having to sort the blocks into their own little slots all the time. I don't think I could convince the little ones to do it!

Adrian is as picky as I am :tongue_smilie:, he would probably make sure they all went back in their own slots. However, I would not find a plastic container that would have the perfect size slots to do that with, so I think a nice plastic container like the one Wildwood linked will probably do the trick. I may just have to put them in their own Ziplocs to keep them separate :lol:.

We use a large plastic bin for our blocks. I love those sterilite containers for our games and other school supplies.

I'm a Sterilite container fan also :).