Menu

Online writing class/tutoring/help

I have determined that two of my children (ages 13 and 15) need a structured writing class/experience this summer taught and graded by someone other than me. :rolleyes: They are bright girls and very solid in grammar. (They are just finishing the Rod & Staff grammar series.) Although they are not bad writers, they need more help, experience, motivation, and feedback than I am able to give them right now. And I also think that--for their personalities and what they are currently experiencing in life--they will work better under some pressure to meet the expectations and deadlines of someone other than Mom.

I know that there have got to be a lot of online resources for writing tutors/teachers/graders/classes, and I am hoping to find something that is good but not too expensive.

What are all of your recommendations?

Some people have been very happy with Bravewriter. We struggled with it because the communication is more with the mom and I was looking for something that took me out of the equation for a while. We have been very happy with WriteGuide. They took my "can't put a paragraph together" ds14 and helped him write some excellent essays on his literature readings as well as a humorous essay.