Menu

Requesting Permission

...to bury my head in the sand.

DH's contract ends Friday - it had gone longer than the original time, but we were hoping they would keep him on until August. So money's about to get real tight, real fast. I need to calculate how long savings will last. Our taxes aren't done (I filed the extension, don't worry), and we meet with Mr. Tax Lawyer/Accountant Friday. I'm overwhelmed with receipts, data, and info that DH JUST gave me for the entire year. He's an information hoarder. DD isn't sleeping well, which means I'm not either. I've been awake since 3am, involuntarily. DD & I are supposed to travel overseas in three weeks for the summer (lots of packing and planning not done). I haven't figured out our summer studies plan (DD wants me to teach her to read this summer). I had a reaction to medication last week and am still following up with doctors.

I just want to curl up and cry/sleep/veg and I can't. Whimper.

Calgon!!!

Thank you! Somehow just writing all the out was cathartic.

I know lots of you are dealing with lots worse right now. I don't know why I'm being such a wimp today.

Off to shower and pull myself together. Those receipts won't organize themselves, unfortunately.

Oh, I don't think you're a wimp. We all get overwhelmed, especially when dealing with job loss. Dh was laid off for 16 months and I was an emotional wreck. I used to take long showers so I could sit and sob without the kids seeing me. And taxes?! Ugh. Just the idea makes me want to hide in a deep cave somewhere.

My dad always says (and he's a very smart man), "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and swing for a bit." It's time for you to swing.

"I haven't figured out our summer studies plan"

Well, there is one thing you can let slide of off your plate. Just enjoy your 3yo.

Wish I could. She's about to be 4 and insisting I teach her to read. For real. By herself. She's doing everything but reading (and sometimes I think she might actually BE reading). I can deal with it next week, I know, but it weighs on my mind because she keeps bringing it up - every time we read. I have to pull the materials together to take with me overseas as we don't have the resources there we have here. Long story.

Off to deal with taxes and emergency budgets.

I'm a CPA - did I mention that? I hate taxes and emergency budgets. I did plenty of them back in my working outside the home days, and will probably do more soon if I have to go back to work. It's like the cobbler's kids having no shoes - accountants are the worst about balancing their own checkbooks (at least this one is).