Menu

Laparoscopic Appendectomy, any experience here?

I just had my appendix taken out on Easter Sunday. Has anyone else had this done recently? How long did it take you to recover? I cannot believe how sore those teeny little incisions are! The nurses told me to REEEEALLY take it easy... but that's kinda hard with 3 littles.

My hubby is going to be working from home for a few days. I have my parents very near by and very retired. :D

When will I get back to "normal"????

Poor you! Dd had her appendix out when she was 7yrs old. I know she was up and walking around with two or three days. She ran down the road at around 5 days, and I'm pretty sure she did some damage to one of the incisions then, as one of them didn't look too great when we had a one week follow up. By 7 days she was fine, apart from that ugly incision.

A little before dd had hers out, two adults I knew did. The first was a Frenchman prone to medical crises, so I'll ignore him (suffice to say he was amazed that dd was ready to receive visitors on Day 2)! The second was the mother of one of dd's friends. She struggled terribly - something about air trapped in the abdomen? I know she was on very strong painkillers for at least four or five days, and she said she'd spend the last hour before her next dose crying.

I think I'm saying that recovery varies - hope you're on the shorter side of things!

Nikki

I had a gall bladder removed laparoscopically. It hurt like heck for a few days. It isn't just the incisions healing but internally too. They took out an organ and to do so it had to have some cuts done around the organ.

The pain was pretty much gone about a week later.