Menu

Grandmother gave DC an Acer computer...

Is it a small laptop, called a netbook? You have 3 main choices:

1. Install over a network (either the Internet or a home network)

2. Use a USB flash drive to copy files over from a different computer, then install.

3. Get an external USB optical (CD or CD/DVD) drive.

I mainly want to put computer programs on there that they use like their typing program and also set up the printer, which uses a cd to install. Can I save these programs on a flash or do they not transfer like that? I do have an external hard drive that I use to backup my own laptop, would that work? How is that any different than using a flash?

I mainly want to put computer programs on there that they use like their typing program and also set up the printer, which uses a cd to install. Can I save these programs on a flash or do they not transfer like that? I do have an external hard drive that I use to backup my own laptop, would that work? How is that any different than using a flash?

You might be able to find the printer drivers on the printer manufacturer website. Just do a search.

i'm not real sure about moving the typing program to a flash drive bbut I'm thinking that won't work very well.

I do know that if I were in your situation I would probably be finding a new website based typing program and and either working from there or downloading from there.

I do know that if I were in your situation I would probably be finding a new website based typing program and and either working from there or downloading from there.

I'm glad that the OP seems to have her issues worked out. In case anyone else is looking for a web-based typing program, my 10 daughter loves Dance Mat typing from the BBC (and it seems to be working). It's free. http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/