Menu

Here are some how to posts on writing across the curriculum

I always wanted to be able to apply skills form one area to another, but until recently didn't really have the know how to implement that desire. Using the Phonics Road has taught me how to do this b/c of the DVD training. Now, before someone thinks this is my sales pitch (I'm a PR affiliate), let me say, you can learn these skills from many places; it just so happens, I learned them from PR, so that is my point of reference. I hope the suggestions can help and are clear. :D

Below are links to my blog where I have typed up some moch lessons and made links to PR posts where I learned how to do these things. Remember, the whole point is to apply what you learn in PR across the board. In fact, it's the point of all writing programs --- effective communication! PLEASE! Keep the questions coming. I want to know that I'm clear and if I'm not, I'd like to remedy that.

Activity 1 keyword outlining, sentence writing, paragraph writing, narration, dictation Keep in mind, you can function out the same sort of activity also using Venn Diagram, Cluster Diagram, etc. both of which are used in PR.

Activity 2 remodeling

Activity 3 using grammar studies and examples in literature to create descriptive writing

Activity 4 Using narration as a springboard to writing

And now you know why I love the PR DVDs: teacher training! I have also found, that once I learn how to do this in the upper levels, it is easily carried over to the younger students (PR3 hits descriptive writing, but I started encouraging it in level 2 b/c I had the teacher's skill set). A mention of this here, a mention of that there...it's sticking and my little guys are writing really well! They totally understand what we're talking about and we're using the tools in the CM/classical educators tool box: copywork, narration, dictation, graphic organizers.

• 2 weeks later...
I always wanted to be able to apply skills form one area to another, but until recently didn't really have the know how to implement that desire. Using the Phonics Road has taught me how to do this b/c of the DVD training. Now, before someone thinks this is my sales pitch (I'm a PR affiliate), let me say, you can learn these skills from many places; it just so happens, I learned them from PR, so that is my point of reference. I hope the suggestions can help and are clear. :D

Below are links to my blog where I have typed up some moch lessons and made links to PR posts where I learned how to do these things. Remember, the whole point is to apply what you learn in PR across the board. In fact, it's the point of all writing programs --- effective communication! PLEASE! Keep the questions coming. I want to know that I'm clear and if I'm not, I'd like to remedy that.

Activity 1 keyword outlining, sentence writing, paragraph writing, narration, dictation Keep in mind, you can function out the same sort of activity also using Venn Diagram, Cluster Diagram, etc. both of which are used in PR.

Activity 2 remodeling

Activity 3 using grammar studies and examples in literature to create descriptive writing

Activity 4 Using narration as a springboard to writing

And now you know why I love the PR DVDs: teacher training! I have also found, that once I learn how to do this in the upper levels, it is easily carried over to the younger students (PR3 hits descriptive writing, but I started encouraging it in level 2 b/c I had the teacher's skill set). A mention of this here, a mention of that there...it's sticking and my little guys are writing really well! They totally understand what we're talking about and we're using the tools in the CM/classical educators tool box: copywork, narration, dictation, graphic organizers.

I want to keep track of this thread. Tonight I will have some extra time and I plan on using part of it to go over your blog posts! Thank you! :)