Menu

Transcript help

I'd classify an art class as humanities (or possibly fine arts) only if it had a strong component of history and study of technical aspects, but an art appreciation class should be an elective, IMO.

Debate might be put under English or perhaps Communications Skills if that second category is typical transcript heading for public or private schools in your state. You might also want to see what potential colleges like to see on the transcripts of prospective students.

The subject areas on my daughter's transcript were:

English

Mathematics

Science

Foreign Language

Social Studies

Art, Physical Ed., and Miscellaneous

All three classes would have gone into the last category with the possible exception of Debate. Your subject areas might differ depending on your child's interests. Had my daughter taken a lot of art classes, I would have made a distinct category for that area.

Regards,

Kareni

But I have a general question: the transcript I made for my ds had no subjects. Just courses listed by year. Do y'all list everything by subject?

Lisa

For the transcript I made, no it's just by years. But to make sure they have enough credits in each category, I keep track of it.

But I have a general question: the transcript I made for my ds had no subjects. Just courses listed by year. Do y'all list everything by subject?

Lisa

I labeled columns with general subject categories and labeled the rows using school years; individual courses were placed according to subject category and school year. Doing it that way wasn't required by any of the colleges ds was interested in attending, but it helped me keep track of the overall balance of the transcript.