Menu

Bible verses on learning, teaching, education, etc.

I'm actually looking for help finding a specific Bible verse, but I can't remember what it is or even what book it's in. :001_huh: It was in another book I was reading and I lingered over it for a while, thinking it would be a great homeschool motto. (And the book I saw it in was actually so poorly written that I got rid of it right away.) I've tried looking in my topical Bible, but I'm coming up empty.

So, what are your favorite Bible verses that have to do with education? If you have a Bible verse as your homeschool "motto," what is it? :bigear:

• 1 month later...

One I've always loved is "All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children's peace." Isaiah 54:13

It's special to me because I have two boys, and at one point I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to homeschool them, which was my heart's desire. I received this verse at just the right moment, and have always held it as God's assurance that he wanted them homeschooled, as well, and that it would work out (it has).

This one is meaningful to us:

Deut 6:4-9

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.[a] 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

This year ours is Proverbs 9:10

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Last year is was Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

This one is meaningful to us:

Deut 6:4-9

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.[a] 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.

This is ours too. I usually shorten it to say ..."Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." --- Sounds a whole lot like homeschool to me!