Menu

Looking for a workbook idea for phonics.

Mom28kds

I'm thinking about doing Phonics Pathways for phonics. I need to review for a next year 1st grader (DS) (who I will be pulling from PS) and a next year K (DD). I want to also do a workbook because I think it helps seal in what they are learning. Any suggestions? I thought of doing PP is because I could teach them both. I want to reinforce phonics with him because he was learning too much sight (guess) learning for me.

So next year I will have:

1st

Kindergarten

Pre-school

Which ETC books would you suggest for my kids?I really don't want to pay for a placement test.

1st - can do CVC words

K - knows the letters & sounds (Thank you Leap Frog video :001_smile:)

Pre-scool - learning letters & sounds.

You can see the table of contents if you look them up at Rainbow Resource. I believe the primers (Get Ready, Get Set, Go) are for letter sounds, and Book 1 starts with CVC words. You could get the primers and books 1 & 2, and if your 1st grader is beyond the higher books then you can save them for your younger ones coming up right behind.

book A: letters b, f, m, k, r and t

book B: letters p,j,h,s,n and d

book C: c,l,g,w,y,v,z,q and x

Book 1 is consonant pretest, short vowels

Book 2 is initial consonant blends and final consonant blends

Book 3 is one syllable words ending in a long cowel. including -y, silent -e words. Digraphs sh, the, wh, ch, -ng, -ck. trigraph -tch, ee-ea, ai-ay and oa-ow.

so...

Preschool start with book A

K start with book 1

1st start book 2 just to see if he knows the blends. If so then book 3 looks like a good place to start

Mind you this is just my opinion ;)

Preschool start with book A

K start with book 1

1st start book 2 just to see if he knows the blends. If so then book 3 looks like a good place to start

Mind you this is just my opinion ;)

:iagree:Based on your information, this is where I would begin. I've used ETC with now four of my six as reinforcement. Very simple to use & all of mine have enjoyed it!