Menu

What do you do????

What do you do when your child is screaming and out of control?? If you are waiting for him to calm down, what do you do when he doesn't seem like he is calming down, he is yelling at you, making fun of you, teasing his sibling to be spiteful and rebellious, calling you names......what do you do????

I would first videotape it as proof for 'professionals' that I deal with. There is nothing like seeing episodes in living color.

I would call a friend or a spouse or another family member to come and help me. I would ask that person to do what is needed with the other kids so I could focus with the out of control child all by myself and do whatever I can do to calm the situation.

My son is 11-1/2 years old. He was diagnosed with high functioning autism. He is having some behavioral issues right now. After a while of ignoring him and his fits, he calmed down and we sat and talked about what had happened and all is well again. I just purchased The Total Transformation program and pray it helps me on how to approach him when he has bad behaviors and helps him to better manage his anger. Thanks for your toughts.