Menu

Anyone here use A Nature Walk W/ Aunt Bessie by Sandi Queen, Stories by B. E. Wright?

flobee76

Oh man. Now I want to do that Science, in addition to the one I have. :glare: :D

Me too! I've been spying on that book for the last few days. I found out yesterday that RainbowResource will carry this title when they update their catalog in a few weeks. Anyone here used this before? It seems very gentle, so it could be possible to do it with another curriculum?

Oh man. Now I want to do that Science, in addition to the one I have. :glare: :D

Me too! I've been spying on that book for the last few days. I found out yesterday that RainbowResource will carry this title when they update their catalog in a few weeks. Anyone here used this before? It seems very gentle, so it could be possible to do it with another curriculum?

in ADDITION to... interesting. I never thought of that... but... what to add it to? :)

My DH wants to do Chemistry with my DD next year, but I really want to do a nature study... I asked her which she preferred and she said both! I'm not really sure what will happen, but I will probably focus on the nature study aspect as I follow closer to CM style and also because my DD has really been interested in bugs/nature related sciences since we've finished up on Space study. She is done with Space for now :c).

• 4 weeks later...

bumping this up to see if anyone else has any opinions. I am looking at this for nature study in addition to our weekly science. It would be for a 2nd grader who loves science. I was thinking of doing it as a family just one day a week.

any thoughts?

bumping this up to see if anyone else has any opinions. I am looking at this for nature study in addition to our weekly science. It would be for a 2nd grader who loves science. I was thinking of doing it as a family just one day a week.

any thoughts?

We have this book and love it. I think your plan for a once a week family nature study is great. And since my oldest dd illustrated the cover, you can't go wrong! :D OK. Shameless brag. It really is a wonderful book.

We have this book and love it. I think your plan for a once a week family nature study is great. And since my oldest dd illustrated the cover, you can't go wrong! :D OK. Shameless brag. It really is a wonderful book.

Okay... so...

Do you think it would be too much to do this book and Apologia's Astronomy??

Are you planning to do the Astronomy over a semester or the whole year? I have done something similar in years past, when we did a text (like the Apologia) twice a week...say Monday and Wednesday...for the whole year, and then we did nature study/journaling on Fridays as a completely different subject. I don't think it would feel like an overload that way, if you kept it lighthearted and just plain fun.

Are you planning to do the Astronomy over a semester or the whole year? I have done something similar in years past, when we did a text (like the Apologia) twice a week...say Monday and Wednesday...for the whole year, and then we did nature study/journaling on Fridays as a completely different subject. I don't think it would feel like an overload that way, if you kept it lighthearted and just plain fun.

This is what I was thinking of doing. :D

This is what I was thinking of doing. :D

That is also what I was thinking, just adding it as a one day a week nature specific science.

thanks for the input, I'm bumping it up to see if anyone else has used it and has any thoughts...