Menu

Children's Book of the Month Club

Children's Book of the Month Club

Is anyone part of this? I am tempted to join. The low down:

8 titles for $2 (plus S/H & tax if applicable) then you are required to purchase 5 titles at club price (plus S/H & tax if applicable) within the next 2 years. Club price varies depending on title.

We use the library and shop used (bookstores, curriculum sales, etc.) but, I also enjoy adding new books to our family library. Maybe I should buy a Barnes and Noble membership instead?

Anyways...I was looking for input about the CBMC.

Thanks!

I was a member, but I found that I could find really great classical children's books for a much better deal, either @ the library or through Paperbackswap.com or abesbooks.com I think there's a better deal to be sought elsewhere :)

Just say NO! We had so many hassles with that company. Not to mention...the added burden of having to remember to decline any monthly books you don't want. They will automatically send you their choice selections each month unless you respond saying "no" before a certain date, KWIM? I always forgot and the books arrived and I had to ship them back return to sender. Complete waste of time. Anyway, I agree with prev. poster that there are cheaper ways to build your library. It is tempting...I just got another flyer from them myself. But, for me, it was so much more trouble than it was worth. YMMV.