Menu

Decluttering gift wrap, gift bags,etc.

I keep gift bags fold and stacked in one large gift bag. When they start to overflow, I sort through them and toss the ones we don't need. I keep wrapping paper in the corner of our den closet stored upright in a plastic bin, (kind of looks like an umbrella holder). I have plastic shoe boxes for tags, ribbon, bows, and packaging. They are kept stacked and on a shelf in the den.

My sis stores gift wrap under her bed in an under the bed storage container and it works great for her. She keeps all the ribbon, bows and paper in one large box.

Happy organizing!

Do you keep lots of wrapping paper and gift wrap supplies on hand? If so, how much? Where do you keep all this?

TIA!

Jennifer

You probably don't want to do what I did. I tossed all gift wrapping supplies. Instead of gift wrap, we use a huge roll of paper that I bought for about $30. It's about 18in - 2ft wide and miles long. We've had it for years, and haven't run out of paper for projects, art work, or wrapping gifts. Either we give white gifts or the kids decorate the paper. Either way, I love not having gift wrap supplies around.

For kidlet Christmas gifts, we have fabric gift bags that are reused every year. Each kidlet has his/her own fabric pattern.

You probably don't want to do what I did. I tossed all gift wrapping supplies. Instead of gift wrap, we use a huge roll of paper that I bought for about $30. It's about 18in - 2ft wide and miles long. We've had it for years, and haven't run out of paper for projects, art work, or wrapping gifts. Either we give white gifts or the kids decorate the paper. Either way, I love not having gift wrap supplies around.

For kidlet Christmas gifts, we have fabric gift bags that are reused every year. Each kidlet has his/her own fabric pattern.

Actually, this is exactly what I want to do. I just need someone to give me permission. :)

Jennifer