Menu

Follow-up after a long break...I'm back...(cc)

...I know, you didn't know I was missing. But for those who were so sweet to pray and give encouragement during my son's surgery back in September, I just thought I would give you an update.

Jonathan, our 25 year old with cerebral palsy and Lennox Gastaut, had his hemispherectomy mid-Sept. and had a very long and difficult recovery after developing chemical meningitis after the surgery. But, last week we had an appointment with his neuro-surgeon and he doesn't need to see us for a year unless there are problems! Wow! The brain should be completely healed in about six more months. AND, I am thankful to report and give God the glory, Jonathan hasn't had a single seizure since the first of Dec.! This is a child who was constantly in a seizure or post-ictal from seizures. He hasn't even had little twitchy seizures - nothing! We are so thankful and I just thought that those of you who prayed would like to know how well he has done. He did not lose any of his verbal skills even though the left side was removed. He is actually saying things that he has never said before. Don't get me wrong, he is still very low functioning, but we are just thrilled with the results.

I have lurked a little recently but this past week was really the first time since things have settled down that I felt the freedom to come back to the boards. Just wanted to say hello again and thanks for being there through a really rough time! I really appreciated the prayers!

Blessings,

Penny