Menu

Is their a foreign language program that teaches phonograms like AAS?

At the bottom of the page isDocuments pédagogiques

Alphabet en images - tous les lettres et phonèmes illustrés

but you need to have an account to access it.

I found this, which looks neat

http://jeparledoncjecris.inforef.be/

Thanks. I was clicking all over. Too bad it requires an account. I clicked on this site, too, but I don't know how to find anything.

Thanks. I was clicking all over. Too bad it requires an account. I clicked on this site, too, but I don't know how to find anything.

If you register, they send you an e-mail about once a month. Mostly, I have no idea what they say, but once they informed me that they now had Singapore Math in French.

I'm pretty sure you can also un-join if you know enough French to un-join. The e-mails amuse me, so I haven't.

The programme “I speak therefore I write” (a Socrates Minerva European programme) wants to help all those who learn reading and writing French, regardless of age and whether they speak French as their native language or learn it as a second or third language.

The first set of interactive games enables the user to hear, distinguish and identify the sounds that differentiate French pairs of words such as blond/blanc (blö / blä), pur/pour (pur / pwr), père/peur (per / pœr), mouche/mousse (mwh / mws), car/gare (car / gar)… A different letter is attributed to each sound. And each sound is always written with that same letter. The letters were chosen by the French linguist André Martinet in the early seventies. The sounds are those most commonly used throughout the French speaking world : see the alfonic chart below. The majority of alfonic letters have the same sound value as they generally have in orthography, thus rendering an alfonic notation close to current French spelling: Y a-t-il des macaronis à la gare ? i a-t-il de macaroni a la gar ? alfonic is always noted in red with Antique types (arial, century gothic or tahoma for example). alfonic letters are not linked (ligatured as in handwriting), in order to improve legibility but also to allow for a systematic distinction from standard spelling. They do not contain Capital or italic fonts as they are pronounced the same.

The student then goes on to use alfonic to write. He or she is asked to choose and arrange the correct letters in the right order to note some of the words that he or she is asked to listen to in the games. Gradually he or she discovers that as soon as he or she has identified the sounds and their sequence he or she can write French : “I speak therefore I write.” Simultaneously, he or she is now able to read the messages that his friends write in the same comfortable spelling. At that time the two faces of written communication have been acquired.

From http://jeparledoncjecris.inforef.be/project.html

The alfonic alphabet shows this phonetic thing

Sorry, I had initially found a document from here so I thought it was easily available on the website! Anyway it's under "multimedia games":

http://jeparledoncjecris.inforef.be/formulaire/index_en.htm

Maybe this is confusing. Er. Sorry