Menu

How long do I let him sleep?

It is almost noon, and my 3yo is still sleeping. He usually wakes up around 7:30am. He has been up and gone right back to sleep 3 different times. He doesn't seem to have a fever, but I am waiting to get take the temp when he wakes up. He is not ordinarily a good sleeper, so it is very unusual for him to sleep through our normal activities. At this point, I keep checking him to make sure he is breathing.

Yes, I am certainly on the lookout for a fever. I would love it if it were a growth spurt (notwithstanding he is already the same size as his 6yo sister), but he hasn't been eating as if he were getting ready for a growth spurt.

How much has he been drinking? I think dehydration can cause lethargic tendencies. If I don't watch my littles, they'll go a REALLY long time with no water.

Well, he woke up with really, really chapped lips. He ate "breakfast" (at lunchtime) and then went back to sleep for 3 more hours. Then he woke and had a really yucky diaper, so I am thinking it is maybe a stomach virus. My kids don't normally drink juice, so I bought him some juice boxes to push the fluids.

Thanks so much, everyone!