Menu

Is it worth it to purchase the CC audio memory cd's?

Pster

Just to let you know that when you buy a cd now, you actually get 2 cds - one is sorted "by week" and one is sorted "by subject." So if you wanted your kids to work on all math facts that's easier to accomplish now on the "by subject" cd. We are doing CC this year. My kids LOVE the history songs. I do appreciate the math songs (I tutor 4 and 5 yo and I'm amazed how well they learned skip counting by 12s, 13s, etc!) and I appreciate many of the science facts. The grammar - well, some is worthwhile and some is not IMHO (for this cycle - which is cycle 2). We've had lists and lists of pronouns and adverbs and it means nothing to the youngest ones and very little to my older children (JMHO).

Also - just to let you know the Veritas Press timeline cards (which CC also memorizes) are not on the CD (copyright issue, I'm sure) nor are the Bible memory verses they learn each year.

So, I guess I'm saying it might be worth it. I will add that I partly wish we had some poetry to show for all this memory work we've been doing - I've been tempted by a poetry memory program (I think it's put out by IEW folks), but haven't tried it yet.

Not sure that was helpful :) Good luck!